Thank you for presenting at the 2019 ANZSOC Conference
Please check the online program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your presentation. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you. Most importantly, please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Loading your presentation
- Please load your presentation files to the online folder by COB Friday 6 December 2019 via the following link:
- Files should be named with the date, session time, room number and presentation title (e.g. yymmdd-hhmm-room number-presentation title). AV support will load all presentations onto the presentation computer in every room.
- As a backup, bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB.
Before the Session
- Bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB (embed any content such as audio or videos – don’t link to external files).
- If you have not provided a copy of your slides in advance, visit the Speaker’s Preparation Room at least 2 hours prior to your session. This will allow you and the technicians to identify any potential issues. The AV technician will load your presentation on to a central computer and network it to the appropriate room and session. The speaker’s preparation area will be situated in the Northern Foyer, located on level 2 of the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre and open at the following times:
- Wednesday 11 December: 0800 – 1700
- Thursday 12 December: 0800 – 1700
- Friday 13 December: 0800 – 1400
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program. This should be coordinated in advance and any approved laptop/device must be presented to the in-room technician on your arrival at the conference.
- Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are in 16:9 aspect as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the venue’s screens.
- Abstracts will be available on the conference website and in the conference app. We will be emailing App download instructions to all delegates prior to the conference.
During the Session
- Please go to your room 10 minutes prior to the commencement of your session to meet the session chair and familiarise yourself with the room.
- AV technicians will be roaming between the session rooms to provide assistance and troubleshoot technical issues in the unlikely event these arise.
- Please sit in the front row so you can move to the lectern quickly when introduced by the Session Chair.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. Generally, presentations are 20 minutes in length (17 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for questions).
- Please keep a strict eye on the time. We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.
- At the end of your allocated time, the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately.
- The chair will only be able to ask questions if you have finished in time.
- At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- The conference hashtag is #ANZSOC2019. If you use Twitter, please feel free to use this to promote your presentation and enhance dissemination.
If you have any queries, please direct these to the registration desk during the conference, or email email@example.com prior to the conference.