Thank you for presenting at the 2018 ANZSOC Conference
Please check the online conference program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- Please load your presentation files to the online folder prior to COB Monday 3 December 2018. Files should be named with the date, session time, room number and presentation title (e.g. yymmdd-hhmm-room number-presentation title). AV support will load all presentations onto the presentation computer in every room prior to the start of each day.
CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE PRESENTATION UPLOAD PAGE
- As a backup, bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB and upload directly to the presentation computer located in the room. Embed any content such as video or audio (don’t link to external files)
- Go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the Session Chair (their name will be noted in the program), AV technician, familiarise yourself with the room and audio visual set up, and upload your presentation slides (if not loaded online prior to the conference).
- There will be technicians roaming between the session rooms and volunteers to assist with loading presentation files, and to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- Each session room will be equipped for the presentation of PowerPoint slides and include a data projector, computer, lectern and microphone.
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program. If presenting from your own laptop please ensure you bring a HDMI adaptor so you can connect to the university presentation system.
- Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are in 16:9 aspect as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the screens.
- Abstracts are available on the Conference Website.
- The abstracts will also be available in the Conference App (We will be emailing download instructions to all delegates prior to the conference).
- Bring Your Water Bottle: There will be no water available in the session rooms for presenters. We recommend brining a water bottle with you. Water will be available in the exhibition and catering area. The closest drinking fountains to session rooms are located outside of the Old Arts and Arts West buildings.
During the Session
- Please be seated in the front row so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- There will be AV technicians roaming between the session rooms to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated session length includes time for questions.
- The Session Chair will flash time cards at 5 minutes, 2 minutes and 1 minute prior to the end of your session.
- At the end of your session the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately. The chair will only ask a question if you have finished in time. At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.
Photocopying & Printing
There are no facilities for photocopying or printing at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you, if required.
Media and Photography
Please note media may be present at the conference. All interviews need to be prearranged and approved via the conference co-chair.
Conference volunteers will be taking photos at the conference which may be posted to social media and the conference website. If you do not want photos to be taken during your presentation, please let the photographer know.
If you have any queries, please direct these to the registration desk during the conference, or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the conference.